The Harbourfront Centre is calling for submissions for Fresh Ground new works. They are awarding prizes up to $20,000 to a new collaborative artistic creation incorporating more than one discipline or field. Click here to read the guidelines.
Project Leads must submit a Letter of Intent briefly but clearly outlining the core concept of the project, and how it relates to the stated focus for 2013/14 commissions. The Letter will also describe how the project will be realized and include a brief introduction to each collaborator and their contribution. The Letter of Intent shall be a maximum of two single-spaced typed pages (using 10pt font) in length, pasted as unformatted text into the field provided in the online application form.
Good luck to those who apply!
In the Greenroom’s own Andrea Leigh Pelletier and the darling Kelsey Stasiak are looking for submissions for their new and brilliant snapshot show. The two beautiful ladies have formed the curation team Laid Bare: Curations and Other Concerns. Look out for their names in Toronto, these Ryerson grads are making a big splash in the art community.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – Untitled Snapshot Show
ALL SUBMISSIONS DUE NOVEMBER 15 2011
– Original work of any medium is eligible but submitted work should be congruent with the theme of the exhibition
– Only digital submissions will be accepted, please email final zipped files to email@example.com
– Be sure to include a .rtf of your list of works: image title, year, medium, size of image (framed), and price for each piece
– All docs should be named: lastname_firstname_title.jpeg/.rtf
– Include your name, contact info, bio, and website (if applicable)
optional but encouraged:
– Include a separate .rtf of your artist statement
– Submit up to 10 images
– Images should be 100dpi, sized at 1024 pixels on the longest side
– All images should be RGB, jpeg files
– Link to your video submission (password protected if need-be)
– Please submit the entire film when possible
– Cellphone video clips or other everyday raw video clips will be accepted unedited, as one component of the will be a looped series of vignettes.
– Notification of accepted artists will be sent out on or before Dec 15 2011
– Accepted artist will be responsible for delivery of their work to Forgetus Collective in January 2012 (date to be specified)
Laid Bare may reproduce and photograph selected works for purposes related to promotion and education. By submitting to this call, artists guarantee they have copyright to submitted work.
Laid Bare: Curations and Other Concerns